Be a hero! Join 300 heroic riders in Naperville, Illinois on Sunday, May 21 to support veterans and civilians recovering from substance abuse addiction.
More than 1.6 million veterans in the U.S. live with substance abuse disorders (SUD). They represent only one segment of the 21.5 million Americans diagnosed with substance abuse disorders
In 2015, the Illinois Department of Health confirmed 692 drug overdose deaths; 43 people in DuPage County died from opioid-related overdoses – a 25 percent increase from 2014.
Know someone impacted by substance abuse addiction? The HeroInMe Ride is a profound way to let people know you support them.
Vanessa Buccella, owner of the BFF Bikes shop, in Chicago, says “Giving a bike to someone in recovery can be a boon to his or her success.” Watch her story here and then sign-up to to ride with amazing people along forested rivers and through charming townships of DuPage County.
Volunteers needed too!
- Continental Breakfast
- Pedal 15, 32, or 48 miles
- Festival Lunch from TGI Fridays
- Live Music by The Fource!!!!
- Free Massages from Massage Envy
- Win prizes from Lululemon, Massage Envy, and the Vitamin Shoppe; plus, an overnight stay for two with breakfast at the Chicago Marriott Naperville
- Bike Tech Support from Performance Bicycle
- SAG Support
- Route Marshalls
MAKE A WEEKEND OF IT!
Enjoy charming Naperville and the evening before the ride hang with Ira David, Host of the national TV series, Pedal America, at the Chicago Marriott Naperville to talk about the ride and anything else! Book now while rooms last and use this code “Pedal4Life” for these special rates:
- Fri. and Sat. May 19 & 20: $142/night
- Sat. and Sun. May 20 & 21: $124/night
- May 19, 20, and 21: $124/night
- May 20 only: $142/night